Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Seeds Purchased, Beds this weekend?

Yesterday I purchased the seeds from Gurney's, along with a mini seed-starter for anything other than peppers that I might need to start inside. I spent about $40 all told- shipping and handling was kind of a bitch, but I had a coupon for $25 off a $50 order, so I did good in terms of price.

I'm *hoping* we can FINALLY get to the hardware store this weekend to buy planks and nails (or screws, haven't decided yet) to get the beds done. So simple to do, I just need the materials. I can build them in under an hour I'm sure. I still need to investigate fencing ideas to keep the dog/deer out. I may see about getting some of those hook posts and some chicken wire and just do it really simple, and just make it so I have to unroll it to get in. Kind of ghetto, but whatever.

And with luck, we might get more adorable tree seedlings in the gutters this year!

Gutter Trees

(Yes, they did get cleaned out. Can't just LEAVE something like that in the gutters)

No comments:

Post a Comment