Saturday, March 9, 2013

Golden Sweet Snow Pea

Purchased from:  Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds  for $2.75/100 seeds
Type: Snow Peas
Growth: Vine

I love peas.  It was incredibly difficult to narrow down the varieties to just one, but I wanted to try again with the "Dwarf Grey Sugar" peas from last year (my seedlings were eaten to the roots by munchy bunnies), so I knew I couldn't go overboard.  I finally settled on these yellow snow peas, because snow peas are my favorite, and yellow will make them easy to spot.

The reviews at Baker Creek were also pretty conclusively awesome, so I'm sincerely hoping these do well.  I missed out on a crop of peas last year and I really have my fingers crossed for one this time around.  Did I mention that I love peas?  Especially snow peas.  I love to sautee them with a little butter until they are just tender but still fresh and crispy, and then munch away.  I could seriously make a main dish out of fresh snow peas and fresh green beans all by themselves.  Yum!

curious about my impressions of Baker Creek?  click here for my original post!

No comments:

Post a Comment