Saturday, February 23, 2013

Cosmic Purple Carrot

Purchased from:  Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds for $3.00/300 seeds
Type: Carrot

Carrots are one of those vegetables that I could probably do an entire garden full of and still feel like I did not have enough.  I love them, and there are such wonderful colors available that it was really hard to narrow this down to just one that I wanted to grow- I may pick up a very basic variety later, but for now, this beauty is my number one choice.

These, unfortunately, are only purple-skinned, which is pretty standard for purple carrots.  I've yet to see a purple variety of carrot that is purple all the way through, though white, red, and yellow carrot varieties can indeed be colored the entire way through, as I found out several years ago when I grew a "rainbow mix" of carrots back in Rochester.

Speaking of the "rainbow mix," that is one thing I wish Baker Creek offered.  It would be so much less stressful to choose if I could just get a variety mix and roll the dice as to what I end up with! 

curious about my impressions of Baker Creek?  click here for my original post!

No comments:

Post a Comment