Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Ching Chang Bok Choy

Purchased from:  Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds for $2.50/200 seeds
Type: Bok Choy
SFG Spacing:  9 per Square Foot

According to the description of this one, this Bok Choy variety is meant to be harvested when small, so I guess this is technically a "baby" variety.  The name just gets me- it seems a bit stereotypical for a traditionally Asian green, but if the product turns out to be worthwhile, I guess I can handle the slightly off-color name.

The main reason I'm trying this one out is a desire to expand my horizons when it comes to greens both as food and as plants in the garden.  Right now the main ones I consume are pretty much iceberg lettuce and baby spinach.  It just seems like a shame to let all the wonderful different types of greens out there go to waste!  So here goes nothing- I hope this isn't a disappointment.


curious about my impressions of Baker Creek?  click here for my original post!

No comments:

Post a Comment