Saturday, February 9, 2013

White Wonder Watermelon

Purchased from:  Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds $2.50/15 seeds
Type: Watermelon
Growth: Vine

This one.. I am taking a risk on.  According to the description, this should be ready to go in about 80 days, which should give me enough time here in Great Falls.  I'll be starting them indoors, even though melons are notoriously not good about that sort of thing, and I will also start a plant or 2 outside after frost has passed.  I figure this will cover my bases.

A few things- I enjoy watermelon, and I LOVE the small watermelons, so I'm really hoping this one turns out well.  If it does, of course, I'll be sure to save my seeds so I can share the love.  According to reviews, the flavor is light and sweet, which in my book is just another bonus.  You don't see these melons much even at farmer's markets because they have a very thin rind, which you can see even in the picture.  I'll admit that I'm imagining them as kind of being like a pawpaw, but that's the way my brain works.  I hope you'll send me oodles of good vibes, because I really want these to work!

curious about my impressions of Baker Creek?  click here for my original post!

No comments:

Post a Comment