Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Patisson Strie Melange Squash

Purchased from: Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds $3/20 seeds.
Type: Summer Squash
Growth: Bush, according to reviews

I'm pretty excited about this one- I mean, wouldn't you be?  Just look at it!  I adore summer squash for eating, so I WILL be picking these young, but I am also going to probably leave some to get bigger for ornamental use, because it's a shame to *only* have something so pretty go for food.

The picture on the right is the seed packet- as you can see, it's fairly basic, but I kind of like the design.  I've never seen a black seed packet before.  Not all of their seed packets look like this, as you'll see in the coming weeks- some are white with hand-drawn artwork and more "old timey" font on them.  For once, though, I am actually planning to save the seed packets past the point when they are filled with seeds- so that says something.  I like that they're a bit different.

I will of course try to keep you updated on how this little beauty actually ends up growing, but I can say this is one of the plants I'm really looking forward to trying this year!

curious about my impressions of Baker Creek?  click here for my original post!

No comments:

Post a Comment