Thursday, March 14, 2013

Dragon Tongue Bush Bean

Purchased from:  Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds for $2.75/40-60 seeds
Type: Green Bean
Growth: Bush

I ended up putting in a second order from Baker Creek, because I forgot to order green beans.  While the 'Montana Green' bush bean from Fisher's Seeds is fabulous and I am growing that again this year, I also wanted to try something new.  I had trouble narrowing down what I was going to plant, and I may have gone a little overboard (good thing I like green beans!), but I knew this one was going to make the cut, because, well, look at it!  So pretty!

One of the things that keeps gardening interesting for me is definitely planting varieties like this.  I love growing my own food, as well, but if I can have something pretty *and* yummy, why not go for the double whammy?  I have high hopes for this little beauty, and I'm planning on planting some both at home and at Pea Pods.

curious about my impressions of Baker Creek?  click here for my original post!

No comments:

Post a Comment