Thursday, April 4, 2013

Dwarf Gray Sugar Snow Peas

Purchased From: Fisher's Garden Store for $2.60
Type: Snow Pea
Growth: Dwarf Vining

So, these are the peas I tried to grow last year.  They did not really work out.  I think I planted them a bit late, and that the bunnies at the community garden decided that the shoots tasted quite nummy.  Because they were getting chewed down to the nibs.  I'm going to plant these midway through April, hopefully an earlier planting will result in a much better result this year.

These are the type of pea that supposedly can self-support, but I'm going to use a small trellis anyway, because I hate the point when the peas start falling over.  Plus I think a trellis will make the pea plants less of a mess, so picking peas will be easier.  I really hope this year works better, because I adore fresh peas.  And it's always so satisfying when something works out rather than not.  I'd hate to have another empty area in my garden this year.  I want the spot to be completely overgrown!

click here to learn about my experience with Fisher's Garden Store and to learn how to get a catalog of your own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment