Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Rich Sweetness 132 Melon

Purchased from:  Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds for $3.00/15 seeds
Type: Melon
Growth: Vine

If you are thinking at this point that I went a little melon crazy this year, you'd be right.  I am really excited about this one, too.  This is another one you're going to want to click the link for, because the melons for this are just gorgeous- orange with yellow stripes.  And small.  And supposedly pretty tasty, also.  Same deal with this as with the watermelons- I will start a few indoors and a few out, and we'll see what happens.  This is apparently a Russian heirloom, though, so I am optimistic that we'll have luck with it here in Montana.

I also kind of like this packet design, which I think may be something they use for a "generic" type, since the website indicates that Rich Sweetness 132 is a newer acquisition for them. 

curious about my impressions of Baker Creek?  click here for my original post!

No comments:

Post a Comment