Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Lowes Trip

My aunt had a doctor's appointment, so we went to Olive Garden for lunch and then headed to Lowes to buy stuff for the garden. I got the boards (cheap pine), some flat molding to use as a grid, and then bags of garden soil (because they didn't have the raw materials- kind of annoying). I think I may not have bought enough garden soil- I ended up doing the calculations for cubic feet but only ended up calculating enough for one 4x4 box. Ooops. We'll see how it actually comes together once I get the boxes built.

My onion sets arrived today from Gurney's, so tomorrow I will probably have to get the garden boxes put together to get those into the ground as soon as possible. The rest of my order still hasn't shipped- I don't know if they're waiting until I'm supposed to plant things according to their schedule or if they're just swamped because it's "that time of year." It Is a little frustrating, though.

Anyway even thou-gh I got lots of stuff done, Lowes really took it out of me! I was just so uncomfortable in there- thank heaven my aunt was there or I might have just gotten nothing at all done. Fingers crossed that I have enough soil! I don't want to have to buy more- what a pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment