Monday, April 20, 2009

Garden Schedule Coming On-line

I got my copy of All New Square Foot Gardening today from Amazon, and it is an even better resource than I expected- they really break it down and everything's relative to the last frost date, which makes it EXTRA nice for people like me who don't know the planting schedule for Rochester because I grew up in Northern New York and there's a 2-zone difference. The average last frost date for Rochester is around May 18, so that provides a really good jumping point for things.

I should probably try to mark everything on a calendar so I know which weekends I need to get things in the ground. Most of the stuff I'm growing is cooler weather so I have to start getting that in soon- as soon as we have the beds built and filled.

Lets see.. nothing much else. I'll have a detailed review of the book to add later, but for now I'm going to just hunker down and try to brave this gloomy, rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment