Monday, February 25, 2013

Cool Gardens: Penn & Cord's Garden

Sometimes you just stumble on something awesome while you're browsing the great world wide web, and in this case, it's the website of Penn and Cord, a couple of Colorado residents with an amazing high-altitude homesteading/gardening setup that I am in awe of.

Before I dive into the nitty gritty, can I just say- these two seem like awesome people and I totally wish I lived near them so I could be their friend?  Seriously.  Apparently Cord is a master blacksmith, to add to the list of cool things.  They employ "bio-intensive gardening" techniques (not entirely unlike Square Foot Gardening, either) to get the most out of their space and limited water supply, and the website has some great pictures of how they've integrated their gardening space into their environment.

Penn's Blog has even more great info and pretty much makes me just insanely jealous of this awesome pair.

I don't really have much else to add, but you should definitely take some time to browse around and soak in the great pictures, information, and attitude of Penn and Cord.  They're definitely on my list of garden inspirations.  I may not be able to have something as awesome as they do right now, but someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment