Friday, May 1, 2009

Seeds incoming!

My order from Gurney's arrived today, finally (well, most of it. The sunflowers and the corn haven't shipped yet but I don't need to plant those for a few weeks still). I've gotten some of the things I need to start indoors started- Broccoli may end up being a problem, but I can always plant that in the tail-end of the season if I run into problems with the heat. Tomorrow I'm going to try to get one bed down- with everything I need to plant right away. Also we're planning a trip to Victor to go to the Eastview Mall, so I'm not sure how much I'm going to get done. But I do need to do it.

I got these nifty little Seed Starting Kits that I'm actually quite pleased with, if still a bit miffed about the fact that my order took so long to get here. It takes all the mess and guesswork and ickiness out of starting seeds, and I'm hoping it'll also reduce seed shock when I transplant, which will be nice. They also sent me an extra packet of cantaloupe seeds- not sure yet what I want to do with them, if anything. I'm sure I'll figure something out.

I'll post later about what all I've got seeded, and take pics. In other news, my peppers have finally sprouted, which makes me feel better because I was getting MAJORLY worried that they never would.

No comments:

Post a Comment