Thursday, May 21, 2009

Big Week

Well, I'm going to get 4'x4' bed in and mostly planted by this weekend for sure. Well, if I get the soil. I need to send my aunt to Lowe's for that.

Today I thinned the lettuce while I was out watering, and tomorrow I'm going to thin the mustard greens and plant the two empty spots. I might put the cauliflower in- I'm not for sure on that one yet. Everything's coming really well, though. I think I can get away with not buying the brackets for the corners, but I'm definitely going to want to do that at some point this season so that the wood doesn't degrade too much.

By the end of the month I should have pretty much everything in the ground- this weekend or next we'll go shopping for plants. I need eggplant and tomatoes for sure, and I will probably pick up a pepper plant just to guarantee I have some peppers for my aunt- mine aren't growing fast enough. That means I need to spend a little extra time with my layout so I can make sure that everything that I want gets put in. I also need to devise some way to keep the grass from growing up around the edges of the beds, because it's near impossible to mow close enough and it makes for extra work if I have to spend time pulling or hand-cutting that grass, y'know?

I PROMISE I'll take photos tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment