Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Early Planting- with Photos!

This is what the front yard raised bed looked like on Monday at around noon.  Please excuse the horrible state of the lawn- we aren't lawn people, and it's not really growing from winter yet anyway.  The snow from Sunday was mostly melted and though you can't see it from the photo, there was moisture from the melted snow slowly seeping through the row cover, which is specifically meant to allow sunlight and water through it.

We had a group meeting on Monday evening at the garden to discuss the early season, and there are a couple people there who've had things planted since the beginning of April, and are starting to see some sprouting.  I am HOPING to get down there sometime this week to start planting, but we'll see how the weather and my back fare.

My back has been bothering me for a few weeks now, to varying degrees of severity and as of right now I can still move around and sit and sleep and such, but it's worrying.  I am really hoping it doesn't become an issue this summer, given that I've taken on a much larger load gardening-wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment